How to activate 4G/LTE on Samsung Smartwatches? Well, for the people who own a compatible smartwatch or are looking to buy one. You can check my article for all the 4G compatible smartwatch list in India before you read further.
So, if you own any of the smartwatch listed in the article or if you are planning to buy one, let’s get the questions answered. 4G on Smartwatch comes as an Esim and currently major providers are Reliance Jio and Bharti Airtel in India. Vi (Previously known as Vodafone and Idea in India) offers only for Apple watches currently. Now, I am not talking about any funky smartwatch or any cheap Chinese Smartwatches where you can physically insert a SIM.
Apple Watch and Samsung Galaxy smartwatches are few good options available in India.
How to activate 4G/LTE on Samsung Smartwatches:
- You might be already using Samsung Galaxy Wear App to connect your Smartwatch.
- Open your Samsung Galaxy wear App
- Scroll down till you see Mobile Plans, Tap on Mobile Plans
- You need to put the SIM in slot 1 and the same needs to be selected as the preferred SIM when you go under Mobile Plans
- For Airtel and Reliance JIO, there will be different options altogether. Just to confirm, for Airtel you need a Postpaid SIM on your phone to enjoy 4G/LTE for your watch. For Reliance JIO you just need to have a Prepaid connection. When you are on Airtel Postpaid, Apple Watch Cellular can be used free of charge with any Airtel My Plan or Infinity plan. There is no extra cost if you use 4G/LTE services on the smartwatch when you are on Reliance JIO Prepaid connection.
- For Reliance JIO you will just need JIO ID to sign in and use services when asked for. For Airtel it’s the same with one extra step to tap on which Plan you want to use Either My Plan or Infinity Pack.
That’s about it. This is the simple way of Activating 4G/LTE on your Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch. If you have any questions. I will be happy to help you.