Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 in 2020, if you are still thinking here is the short read why you should get one. I know we have the all new Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 out now with the old and new vibes. But, you should consider Watch active 2 if you are in India or maybe anywhere in the World.
Top 5 reasons why Samsung Galaxy Watch active 2 is a better watch in 2020:
1. Samsung galaxy watch active 2 which runs on Tizen is something which many buyers would be little curious about before buying. But, let me tell you I have used all Apple Watch (WatchOS), Android Watch (WearOS), and Finally the Samsung Watch. I can clearly say Samsung Tizen can be easily the 2nd best. It’s not always about the Apps. Apps on the watch are still very new and Samsung Tizen has all the ones which can do the job easily.
2. The watch active 2 and the Watch 3 have the same SOC and almost identical everywhere except the looks. Watch 3 may have just 1 more addition which is the Blood oxygen sensor. Now coming to reality, None of the features like ECG, Blood Oxygen, or Blood pressure is available as it’s just approved by US FDA but still waiting to be rolled out. So apart from Blood Oxygen, all sensors are available in Watch active 2.
3. The Watch Active 2 comes with a variety of options such as Steel, Aluminum, 4G, Made in India variant. So, the prices of all the variants range from Rs.22,000 to Rs. 33,000 approx. Considering the ongoing sale, you can get one with a good discount.
4. Updates are always pushed by Samsung and recently some new features are already on the way for Watch Active 2 which makes it more alike to Watch 3 such as Fall detection, VO2Max, etc. Check here: Samsung Newsroom
5. Finally I can say with considering all these points Watch active 2 is a better deal, currently Only Apple and Samsung offer 4G smartwatch in India. Apple has an Apple iPhone constraint. Samsung watches on the other hand work with any Phones and 4G can be activated via Airtel Postpaid and Reliance JIO Prepaid. Android Smartwatch especially in India is good but lacks the 4G capability.
So here is a quick point of why you should still prefer Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 in 2020 especially if you are in India. I am using it for a month and must say it does the job pretty well.
For buyers who want a quick read before buying here are some Pros and Cons to make it easier for you.
- Simplistic Looks with more screen
- Battery with Always on Display – 1 day with 30% battery left, 2+ days with Always on disabled.
- Good enough Apps as compared to Apple or Android
- Touch sensitive Rotating bezel
- Features works like a charm
- Dual What’s App for some phone secondary what’s App won’t show notification on Watch
- Price when compared to Android Smartwatches
- ECG, Blood pressure still awaiting Govt Approval
Flipkart and Amazon Link:
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Aluminium Smartwatch (Black Strap, Regular)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Steel Smartwatch (Black Strap, Regular)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 (Bluetooth, 44 mm) – Black, Aluminium Dial, Silicon Straps
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 (Bluetooth + LTE, 44 mm) – Silver, Steel Dial, Leather Straps
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 (Bluetooth + LTE, 44 mm) – Black, Aluminium Dial, Silicon Straps
So what’s your thoughts? Do let us know in the comments below.