Smartwatches in India are growing at a huge pace, companies like Xiaomi/Amazfit, Noise, Samsung, Apple, Fitbit etc are trying to grab the market not only in India but globally. When it comes to smartwatches it comes to few confusions which one is the best for me.
Today, I will be covering the smartwatch with an extra yet interesting feature i.e. cellular connectivity which is also known as a 4G, LTE, Cellular, Standalone, etc.
In India, there are only 2 Companies that provide 4G connectivity on Smartwatch which is Apple and Samsung. Let me clear another thing if you don’t want to read the full article, Apple watch is the best 4G smartwatch but it will only support Apple iPhones where Samsung supports Samsung’s phones, Apple iPhones, Android Non-Samsung phones.
Apple watch Cellular model support starts with Series 3, 4, 5, and the all new 2020 models which are Apple Watch Series 6 and low cost SE. Apple watch runs on WatchOS by Apple and are only supported on Apple iPhones.
You can read about Apple Watch Series 6 and SE – Apple time Flies Event
If you are planning to get an Apple Watch specifically Cellular models – Airtel, Reliance Jio and Vi (Previously known as Vodafone and Idea in India) supports cellular.
There are Pros and Cons of getting an Apple Watch Cellular models:
- The best Smartwatch you can get if you own an Apple iPhone
- Apple works with Top healthcare companies to develop their features
- Apple watch series 6 comes with all latest sensors including the COVID-19 ready Blood Oxygen sensor
- Long term updates
- Variety of Apps support
- Cellular works like a charm
- Only supported on Apple iPhones.
- You are locked in Apple environment and can’t think of switching to Android if you want to continue to use Apple Watch
Apple Watch Cellular Amazon links:
It would be difficult to get the below models and the price may be abnormal as well as these are discontinued, Series 3 users can check the SE model and Series users can check for Series 5 for a better 2020 experience.
Apple Watch Cellular Flipkart links:
If you are considering Samsung Smartwatch for your Cellular needs, there are currently good options to choose from. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is the latest released model.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, Samsung galaxy active 2, Watch 2018 model support Cellular. Samsung galaxy smartwatches run on Tizen OS which is Samsung’s OS. Tizen provides way better battery life than Android Wear or Apple Watch OS.
If you are planning to get a Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch Cellular models – Airtel and Reliance Jio support cellular.
There are Pros and Cons of getting a Samsung Smartwatch Cellular models:
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 and Watch 3 are the latest ones which I would recommend if you are planning to get a Cellular version. Read the full review Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Review.
- Samsung own Tizen OS provides better software integration
- Supports Non Samsung phones – Android Phones and iPhones included
- Best battery life when compared to Android Wear, Apple Watch OS
- Less Expensive when compared to Apple Watch
- Software updates sometime is limited to Samsung galaxy phones like a Major feature update
- Healthcare approvals takes time, ECG, Blood pressure and more features takes time for approvals and may only be restricted to fewer regions
- Limited Apps as compared to Apple Watch OS or Android Wear
Samsung Smartwatch Cellular Amazon links:
Samsung Smartwatch Cellular Flipkart links:
The Links for both Samsung and Apple Smartwatch will help you to find the cellular models and may come in handy. Amazon Great Indian Festival and Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale are starting from 16th/17th Oct 2020. You can get some crazy discounts.
Conclusion – Apple Watch is the best if you own an iPhone for other Smartphone users looking for cellular hands down Samsung Smartwatches in India.