OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 rolling out for the OnePlus 8T. The update focuses on Fingerprint sensor optimization, Camera, and Network stability. There are few concerns shared by users on forums related to Fingerprint sensors. The update is incremental and soon should pop up on all 8T devices.
Below are the version no depending on the region.
- Increased the success rate when registering fingerprint and improved experience
- Optimized the media file scanning feature to make searching faster
- Further optimized system power consumption and increase battery life
- Fixed the issue that the app cache has not been deleted correctly after the app uninstalled
- Fixed the issue that the screen may flash when using fingerprint unlock
- Optimized system performance and improve stability
- Optimized camera white balance and improved imaging quality
- Continuously optimize network connection stability and improved gaming experience
- Improve the stability of video calls
You can find the latest news and be updated through the OnePlus Community Forums. If you are planning to buy the OnePlus 8T do read out our OnePlus 8T 5G first impressions and Initial review. However, if you are looking for a Gaming phone there a few good competitors which you should definitely look into. Check out ASUS ROG Phone 3 Long-term review.
OnePlus 9 and Pro model is due next year. Qualcomm will also soon launch their Snapdragon 875 SOC somewhere around 1st week of December. Any Snapdragon 865 phone may receive a major price cut. If you can wait, I feel January would be a nice time to get the latest news and a revised price on all the flagships available in the market.
Do let us know your thoughts.